Construction Update: Academic Core Buildings: Significant progress is being made with all 3 buildings to include interior walls, drywall and preparations for painting, mechanical, electrical & plumbing preparations and fire proofing. Progress continues to be made with the Central Utilities Plant in building 1, including connections with the Geothermal loop. The exterior shrink-wrap and scaffolding is being removed on building 3. Work is completed with the exterior finishes and exterior glazing Northeast side of the building. Work also continues with the exterior skin framing in selected locations with both exterior plaster and window wall systems in Buildings 1 and 2. Preparations have been initiated and continue for the installation of the building elevator installations in buildings 2 and 3. Major sections of the exterior site work is in progress to include concrete paving in several sections and preparations for site utility preparations.
As a result of ongoing construction with the Academic Core and Improvements of the Main Street Quad, access to the upper campus will be restricted.
A pedestrian pathway around this active construction zone has been established. Please use caution when using this pathway. The intent of providing
a pathway is to allow access to the Bookstore & Cafeteria in Building 5. The north side has a pathway from Lot U with two new wood stairs leading up
to and through Building 4. Building 6 will have full ADA access going through Building 7. Signs will be posted for guidance through this pathway.
Please note that the former Building 3 was demolished during the Summer.
In addition to this designated pathway around the construction zone a shuttle van will be available to transport staff & students from the lower
to the upper campus. Shuttle notices are also provided.
We apologize for any inconvenience that may be caused and appreciate your patience as we go through the final phases of our ambitious
campus improvement program.
construction activities that are planned for this month and over the summer:
- Construction fences have been be put up around the Main Street site and began with the Abatement Contract for Building 3. This work is scheduled to started on June 11 and end on June 23 to include the removal and disposal of hazardous materials from Building 3.
- On June 25 the actual demolition of Building 3 will commence and continue until approximately July 12. A relatively high level of noise can be expected during the demolition phase.
- Throughout this period work will also be in progress with the upgrade of Main Street. This work will include the demolition and removal of the existing paving along Main Street and will be replaced with new paving and landscape planters in the area between the new ACB and Buildings 4, 5 & 6. During this phase there will be higher noise levels specifically during demolition work.
- The overall plan is to complete this phase of the project in time for the Fall Semester
- Access to and around this area will be restricted to facilitate construction. Signs will be posted for safe areas of travel