construction activities that are planned for this month and over the summer:
- Construction fences have been be put up around the Main Street site and began with the Abatement Contract for Building 3. This work is scheduled to started on June 11 and end on June 23 to include the removal and disposal of hazardous materials from Building 3.
- On June 25 the actual demolition of Building 3 will commence and continue until approximately July 12. A relatively high level of noise can be expected during the demolition phase.
- Throughout this period work will also be in progress with the upgrade of Main Street. This work will include the demolition and removal of the existing paving along Main Street and will be replaced with new paving and landscape planters in the area between the new ACB and Buildings 4, 5 & 6. During this phase there will be higher noise levels specifically during demolition work.
- The overall plan is to complete this phase of the project in time for the Fall Semester
- Access to and around this area will be restricted to facilitate construction. Signs will be posted for safe areas of travel
Emergency Access from Building 9 – 2018 Graduation:
As was required last year, Emergency Egress as required by the Fremont Fire Department is being installed from exit doors of the north side of the Gym in Building 9. This is necessitated to hold the Graduation ceremonies in the Gym at its required capacity. A ramp will extend outside the north exit doors to a temporary stairway and through the south side of the Academic Core site. This feature is temporary and will only be installed to comply with the Fire Department emergency exiting requirements during Graduation on Friday, May 18, 2018.
DEMOLITION OF EXISTING BUILDING 3:
Building 3 is scheduled to be demolished starting on May 20, 2018. This work is part of the Academic Core project that will be converted into an outdoor landscape area at the North East end of the project.
UPGRADE OF MAIN STREET:
Renovation and upgrade of Main Street will occur to include the removal of the existing paving and replacement with new paving and selected landscaped areas. During the period indicated above this area will have limited access and is schedule to reopen in the Fall of 2018.
We apologize for any inconvenience that may be caused and appreciate your patience as we undertake these major projects under Measure G.