As a result of ongoing construction with the Academic Core and Improvements of the Main Street Quad, access to the upper campus will be restricted.
A pedestrian pathway around this active construction zone has been established. Please use caution when using this pathway. The intent of providing
a pathway is to allow access to the Bookstore & Cafeteria in Building 5. The north side has a pathway from Lot U with two new wood stairs leading up
to and through Building 4. Building 6 will have full ADA access going through Building 7. Signs will be posted for guidance through this pathway.
Please note that the former Building 3 was demolished during the Summer.
In addition to this designated pathway around the construction zone a shuttle van will be available to transport staff & students from the lower
to the upper campus. Shuttle notices are also provided.
We apologize for any inconvenience that may be caused and appreciate your patience as we go through the final phases of our ambitious
campus improvement program.
construction activities that are planned for this month and over the summer:
- Construction fences have been be put up around the Main Street site and began with the Abatement Contract for Building 3. This work is scheduled to started on June 11 and end on June 23 to include the removal and disposal of hazardous materials from Building 3.
- On June 25 the actual demolition of Building 3 will commence and continue until approximately July 12. A relatively high level of noise can be expected during the demolition phase.
- Throughout this period work will also be in progress with the upgrade of Main Street. This work will include the demolition and removal of the existing paving along Main Street and will be replaced with new paving and landscape planters in the area between the new ACB and Buildings 4, 5 & 6. During this phase there will be higher noise levels specifically during demolition work.
- The overall plan is to complete this phase of the project in time for the Fall Semester
- Access to and around this area will be restricted to facilitate construction. Signs will be posted for safe areas of travel
Emergency Access from Building 9 – 2018 Graduation:
As was required last year, Emergency Egress as required by the Fremont Fire Department is being installed from exit doors of the north side of the Gym in Building 9. This is necessitated to hold the Graduation ceremonies in the Gym at its required capacity. A ramp will extend outside the north exit doors to a temporary stairway and through the south side of the Academic Core site. This feature is temporary and will only be installed to comply with the Fire Department emergency exiting requirements during Graduation on Friday, May 18, 2018.