Core Drilling Scheduled in Lots D & E:
As part of an initial investigation and required by the Alameda County Water District a test bore for the proposed Geothermal project is scheduled to be conducted on September 12th and 13th , 2016 in Parking Lot E are part of Lot D.
This area is located in the area north of the new Soccer Field. A construction fence will be placed in this area that will impact approximately 30 stalls in these lots. Please use caution when driving and walking in this areas as it is an active construction zone.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. Thank you.
Due to ongoing construction between the new Soccer and Softball Fields, we will have to temporarily close off Olive Way from the western edge of the new fields to just before Building 20. This closure is expected to occur between Monday, August 8th through Thursday, August 12th. Signs will be posted at key locations indicating alternate pedestrian access in and around this area. We apologize in advance of inconveniences that it might incur.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Construction impact notice that will affect Parking Lot D:
- Beginning on July 28 to August 11, temporary fencing at the North/East gate to the soccer field about 30 feet to the North, taking away about 12 staff parking stalls.
- On July 28, July 31, August 1 and August 2, about 60% of the staff parking lot will be occupied to allow the long tractor/trailers to negotiate the turns and deliver bags of infill materials.
Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience that may be caused.
8/5 – 8/19: Athletic Fields pathway construction across Olive Way (intermittent closure and pedestrian detours at Olive Way near Building 20)
- Electrical Work in the Building 9 gym for emergency power services is now complete
- Palm Bosque tree maintenance – Old fronds and debris were removed
Key C remains CLOSED for construction traffic and emergency traffic only.
South Parking Signage updates continue for traffic control and parking enforcement.
Pedestrian pathways between upper and lower campus remain at the North and South sides of campus around the Academic Core Buildings project site.
Ongoing Work at Ohlone:
- Earthwork at the Academic Core Buildings. You can view progress on the Ohlone webcams http://ohlonebond.com/webcam-1/
- Demolition and tear-off at Smith Center reroofing project is underway, as well as work at the Smith center, television/radio and dance studios.
Plans are well underway for the Swimming Pool Refurbishment. Construction is scheduled to begin in December 2015 with completion in Summer 2016.
The scope of this project will include a complete removal and replacement of existing mechanical, filtration, chemical and electrical systems. All deck mounted accessories will be replaced, including starting blocks, access ladders, pool cover supports and water polo goals. All existing pool lights will be will be replaced with energy efficient LED fixtures. The existing fiberglass pool shell will be replaced, and the entire pool will be upgraded with new tile and plaster. The existing timing system, scoreboards and accessibility will be updated at well.
Stay tuned for more exciting updates!
Construction of the new Athletic Fields continues as scheduled. Over 15,000 cubic yards of earth were moved and compacted to establish the new field subgrades. Currently, several workers are on-site performing underground utility work. They will install electrical and plumbing lines, including storm drain lines, so the project site is better suited to handle rainwater during the winter season. The baseball and softball fields are scheduled to open in March of 2016 and the soccer field is scheduled to open later that same year in August. Olive Way remains open along the job-site fence.
Traffic for parking lots E and H adjacent to the sites is slightly reconfigured. Please drive with caution and be aware of pedestrians in the area.
As part of both the upgrade to the Fremont campus’ natural gas infrastructure and installation of a new main natural gas meter by PG&E, the following gas shut downs are scheduled for this week. The impacts on each building will be minimal and will only affect the hot water supply and heating (if required).
This has come as short notice as we continue to work around PG&E’s schedule.
- Wednesday, July 1 (intermittent by building)
- Buildings: 4, 5, 7, 9, 14, 15, 16, 22, 24, 27 & SC-D
- Thursday, July 2 (all-day)