construction activities that are planned for this month and over the summer:
- Construction fences have been be put up around the Main Street site and began with the Abatement Contract for Building 3. This work is scheduled to started on June 11 and end on June 23 to include the removal and disposal of hazardous materials from Building 3.
- On June 25 the actual demolition of Building 3 will commence and continue until approximately July 12. A relatively high level of noise can be expected during the demolition phase.
- Throughout this period work will also be in progress with the upgrade of Main Street. This work will include the demolition and removal of the existing paving along Main Street and will be replaced with new paving and landscape planters in the area between the new ACB and Buildings 4, 5 & 6. During this phase there will be higher noise levels specifically during demolition work.
- The overall plan is to complete this phase of the project in time for the Fall Semester
- Access to and around this area will be restricted to facilitate construction. Signs will be posted for safe areas of travel